About Me

My photo
Washington, United States

Blog Archive

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pork Stew in coconut vinegar and sweet soy sauce

Tonight, I made this stew.  It turned out really good.  My purple Le Creuset is my favorite casserole to cook with lately.  It is called a "Sukiyaki" casserole and I don't know how I got so lucky finding this outside Japan.  The best thing is, I bought it for 1/2 off at the Le Creuset outlet store.  It is shallow and wide so you can even use it for frying. 


RECIPE:

Any cut of pork with a little bone.  I used pork shoulder cut. 

2 lb of pork
lots of garlic
1/2 cup of coconut vinegar (or any type of vinegar)
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1/4 cup of sweet soy sauce
black pepper
---simmer on very low heat for 2 hours, do not open the lid of your pot.
cut 1 whole onions (set aside)
After 2 hrs, pan fry the garlic and the pork (drain from its sauce)
Saute the onions
Combine all ingredients with the sauce and quickly simmer for 1 minute. 


No comments:

Post a Comment