About Me

My photo
Washington, United States

Blog Archive

Monday, November 15, 2010

Vanity Girl Hollywood

I've always wanted to have a Vanity Mirror from the 50's era.  I've searched online for years to find the lighted wall mirrors but I never found one until last year.  I was so happy to have found one online and I ordered it.  It was expensive but it's so worth it.  I think it's worth every penny I spent on it.  The lights can be dimmed from the brightest setting.  After a year of having it, I still love it!  It just gives me a glamorous feeling while I put my makeup on. 
There is a funny story about my purchase of this mirror at Amazon.  I first ordered a black one and right after it was processed, I decided I wanted the pink one.  So, I called the seller right away and told them I wanted to get the pink after all.  The guy told me that they will change the order with no problem.  I received it within 2 days and they sent me the black one!  I called the guy back and told him that I didn't receive the pink one.  He told me that he would send me the black one and just keep the pink one.  I couldn't believe it!  This mirror cost $300!!!  He told me that shipping it back to them would cost so much since it's really big and heavy.  He added that since they made the mistake, I at least deserve to keep both for the price of one.  I still have the black one in my closet and I think I will keep it there until I get a bigger place (someday!) and put both up!  A little excessive?  Yes, but what a girl to do with 2 of these?  I offered it to my mom and she said, "Too much electricity to use it".  Asian moms!  I tried to give it to my sisters and they all said, no room to put it.  They also have those extra large bathrooms with mirrors every where so I can see why they wouldn't want this :(  If someone offered me one of these and I really didn't have enough space in my house, I would get rid of my couch and set it there, ha!

I don't have a lot of space so I put my vanity area in a small nook at my condo.  I bought the red table at Ikea for $79 (it is called "Occasional Table".  It is smaller than the Ikea Malm vanity table.  I would rather have the Malm but it would be too big for the small space I have. 


I've wanted this MAC train case since 2002!  I never bought one because it was expensive and I didn't have the money at that time.  I first saw one in Vancouver at their big MAC store.  My friend and I lusted over this train case during our clubbing years when we would go to each other's houses and bring our own makeup.  At that time, we settled for a $30 train case from Costco that came with lots of cheap makeup.  Years later, when I have enough money to buy one, MAC discontinued it.  I was so mad!  They sold this for like 8 years and just last year they decided to sell a much different one.  Thanks to Ebay, my dream came true :)  I bought this off Ebay last year for $200 (which is the same price for a new one).  I'm thinking of getting another one since I have too much makeup to fit in one train case.  I just love this train case and I did buy a similar one from Sephora but I returned it because it's not as nice as this one.  I read somewhere that this train case can be stored in your car trunk in a hot summer day and your makeup won't go bad or melt!

This is just some of my makeup that I can fit in this train case.  I haven't really bought much makeup lately since I've started to learn how toxic cosmetics are!  I really just wear makeup about twice a month.  It was hard at first to go bear going to work and be out there but I've gotten used to it.  And the cleaning your face at night is such a jiff! 


2 comments:

  1. Are you looking to sell the black one if so how much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, sorry this is such a late response, I didn't see your comment until now :)

      I decided to use my black one as well. sorry!

      Delete