About Me

My photo
Washington, United States

Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mah Lai Goh / Steamed Cake

This is now my favorite thing to make. My family always request this for me to make each time we get together. It's very simple to make and a very light cake. I don't feel as guilty eating more than 2 slices :).

Recipe:

1 cup cake flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup coconut sugar (or white sugar)
2 Tablespoons melted butter
3 eggs
4 ounces of coconut milk (or heavy whipped cream or whole milk)

 Mix all dry ingredients.  Beat the eggs using a hand mixer until frothy, mix the melted butter and milk, add the sugar.  Use a bamboo basket steamer using a parchment paper and cheesecloth.  Steam for 20 minutes.  Serve while still warm with a cup of coffee or tea :)




No comments:

Post a Comment