About Me

My photo
Washington, United States

Blog Archive

Friday, September 24, 2010

Laksa

Laksa makes Pho overrated :)  Of course, you have to like the taste of the creamy coconut with sweet and sour flavors in your soup.  This is my all time favorite noodle soup, Pho being second.  I've only tried to make Pho from scratch but it was unsuccessful.  I never tried again since there are many good Pho places here in Seattle, why bother?  Laksa on the other hand is not easily found.  Not many people know about Laksa.  It is very famous in Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia.  I first tried it years ago at a famous Chinese restaurant here in Seattle after a night of clubbing.  At that time, I never thought I'd be able to cook it myself---cooking was not my passion as it is now.  This particular restaurant which served this type of noodle soup has changed ownership and I've never tried Laksa here in Seattle again.  I've been making this soup for about 4 years now and I've added more secret ingredients in it.  I will never try to search for Laksa here again in Seattle but I'd go crazy if I ever go to Singapore, Malaysia or Indonesia!  This is the only food I will post in my blog that I won't share the exact recipe :)  I wouldn't even share this recipe with my sisters. 


I usually make my Laksa paste and freeze it so I can have it anytime I want. 




No comments:

Post a Comment