About Me

My photo
Washington, United States

Blog Archive

Monday, January 16, 2012

Le Creuset Pink and Souffles

I finally decided to use my Le Creuset pink heart ramekins.  This is my first time ever making a souffle and it was a success!  I was afraid they wouldn't rise and jiggle like a real souffle but I'm so proud of myself!  This is a very simple Banana Souffle but so good.
                              
 2 (8 oz.) Satin Pink Le Creuset and 1 (6 oz.) Pale Rose Le Creuset. 



Souffles do deflate.  I had to take pictures quickly before I miss the high "rise" of the souffles. 

Look at this beauty! (Satin Pink)

I added powdered sugar.

Pale Rose.



I got the recipe at this site and I did tweeked the recipe a bit.  I added about 1/2 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar and used powdered sugar with eggs.
I think this recipe is pretty healthy because I only used 3 egg whites/1 egg yolk/ sugar.  No butter except for using butter for the ramekins.  I think I did a great job on this because I'm very familiar with beating white eggs until "soft peaks" like what I've done many times with my chiffon cakes.  Don't worry about over beating your egg whites for this.  I used my 9-speed beater for about 5 minutes and using the proper way of "folding" the whites with the mixture is the key.  Practice is really a key, but once you learn how to beat your egg whites until soft peaks and learn how to "fold", you can make different cakes with success.  I highly suggest you watch a video on how to "fold" on Youtube, it's very helpful. 

A very happy boy.

Tested and approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment