About Me

My photo
Washington, United States

Blog Archive

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Dick Proenneke

Today is a good relaxing Saturday morning. I'm so happy that PBS is showing "Alone in Wilderness 2". Everyone should see Dick Proenneke's life and how this amazing man lived his life, alone and free. I was going to go shopping and then get my massage but Dick is making me stay home and skip my shopping! But I will get my massage when Dick is done captivating me.

Dick made "hot cakes" with bacon grease on his cast iron pan (no Le Creuset here!) with "hot coals still burning from last night".
Oh I wish I could get myself to make me make some hot cakes here at home with just a turn of a knob from my stove. But I know darn well that his hot cakes will be nothing like what I would make here. No pink Le Creuset can compare to his well seasoned cast iron grill used in the wilderness to cook hot cakes.

Oh wait, his brother Jake has come to visit! And Dick has found gold!

Everyone should watch this and give it try. It is so encouraging. I've seen this film before but i enjoy watching it again. I think I will buy the DVDs and his book.

Just got a text from Amazon.com, my Large pink Lego box is coming today!
Yey!

No comments:

Post a Comment