About Me

My photo
Washington, United States

Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Short bob haircut

I cut my hair short last year, I am thinking of growing it out long again but I'm having second thoughts. Maintaining a short bob cut is high maintenance since the constant trimming every 6 weeks is necessary to maintain the look.  But for this haircut, I go to Gene Juarez and pay $80!  I think it's too much for a haircut but I trust my hairdresser from Gene Juarez--it's not an easy hair style to cut and he spends about 1 hour cutting my hair.  I might get it cut short again soon for Christmas.  Before I cut my hair short, I spent about 2 months just trying to find the right picture of a hairstyle before I had it done and please bring a picture of a hairstyle that you want to your hairdresser!  I actually brought about 3 similar hairstyles to my current hairdresser.  I've had long hair most of my adult life but I needed a change.  Contrary to the myth that short hair is easier to maintain than long hair, short hair requires everyday washing and blow drying because you can't just wake up and put your hair in a ponytail with this length of hair.  There are really pros and cons on having a short hair that needs to be weighed in, for those of you who are thinking of cutting their hair. 

My long hair before I cut it short.

No comments:

Post a Comment